Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
Anger happens. Deal with it, learn from it, then move on, people. Sheesh. Hey — did you notice Albert Einstein said ‘bosom’? Yeah, that made me laugh and now I’m not mad anymore. Good one, Einstein.
She’s a Maineiac
Thanks for lightening up the room, Al.
Holy hell! What is up with everyone these days? Dang, people are mad! Everyone is so ticked off! Have you noticed this? Maybe you’ve been trolling the latest viral post? You know the one where someone says something that inevitably ticks off someone else and then grown adults start fighting each other in the comment section like kids in a sandbox?
Seems being upset or having an opinion is all that’s required to become a social media sensation.
It’s always: “I think this!” vs. “Yeah, well, I think that, so bite me!”
C’mon man. Just chill out, duuuuuuuuuuuuude.
What’s so funny about peace, love and understanding? Whatever happened to trying to see the other person’s viewpoint? Putting aside your own knee-jerk reaction to discover that gee, some people might have different experiences and therefore believe different things?
For instance, did you know that all the mysteries of the universe were revealed to me by a giant colony of gummy bears who live deep in the Nevada desert? And that you really shouldn’t inhale an entire bale of weed in one sitting?
Maybe if you’d stop being so darned pissed off all the time and thinking you know everything while everyone else is obviously wrong you could ….uh…what was I saying again? Oh yeah. You could, I don’t know….grow and learn a little? Possibly become a more informed, well-rounded human being? Be more respectful of others? Hand me the bong?
Nah. What’s the point of that? No drama. That would never go viral. Because what’s more important than showing genuine compassion for your fellow human beings?
So I’m going to give it a shot with my own attempts at going as viral as a bad antibiotic-resistant rash.
[Disclaimer: I know some of these topics might incite the reader to get quite upset with me and for that I am not sorry nor will I ever be sorry.]
My Viral Post Ideas:
- Why I Think Granny Panties Should Be Required Wardrobe for Women Over 40. And for Men. Of Any Age.
- 10 Reasons Why I Feel Oatmeal Tastes Like Shit
- An Open Letter to My %$**ing Chin Hair
- This Post is Making Me So Mad I Can’t Even Come Up With A Title That Illustrates My Anger and I….Just…GRRRRRR!!!! OOOOH!!! Now I’m REALLY PISSED OFF! And It’s All Your Fault, You Stupid Post with the Stupid Title! I Hate You!
- No, I Did Not Love Being Pregnant. Actually I Found It Rather Uncomfortable at the End. Boom.
- Duck Dynasty’s Lame, I Don’t Much Care for Beards. And for People Who Say “Boom.”
- Kids are Hard. They Make Me Tired. Discuss.
- Why Parents, Childless Couples, Gay People, Straight People, Religious People, Atheists, Agnostics, Old People, Young People, Middle Age People, Employed People, Unemployed People, Single People, Divorced People, Married People, Alive People, Dead People and Justin Bieber are Flawed But I Am Not
- How Your Life Choices Have Affected My Life Choices Not At All in the Slightest But I Have To Blame Someone
- 1,001 Reasons Why Betty White is the Root of All Evil
- I Like Cheese.
So what do you guys think? Were you reading these titles and thinking, “Oooh, that Darla! She’s gone and done it again! Stirring up the controversy! Hot damn! She is really making my blood boil now! I’ll have her know cheese is actually very binding to the digestive system! How dare she!”
I dare because I care.
To go viral.
Because you would like me when I’m angry.
If you have any other hot button issues that you’d like me to get all pretend angry about, let me know in the comments with a title of your own.
I’m kidding. I could never stay mad at you. Unless it means I’ll go viral and be pretend famous one day.